Bart Balocki on Practices of Venture Capitalists
– Bart Balocki covered the history of US venture capital, outlined how venture capitalists operate, and developed a model of how perceptions of value change over time.
Bill Joos on Pitching
– Bill Joos' top 10 mistakes for early stage/startup company business plans and pitches.
Financing Hyper-Virality in the Clouds
– This article probes the implications of cloud computing for financing very rapidly distributed internet-based services and products. It contains rough, inadequately researched thoughts, sparked from discussions at the recent CloudCamp Scotland. On this page: Cloud Computing Benefits Hyper-Virality Funding and Revenue Models Exploding Intangibles People The Caveat Cloud Computing Cloud computing is ...
Patrick Chung on Games Venture Capital
– Edinburgh Entrepreneurship Club lunch event with Patrick Chung (NEA).
Scottish Innovation: Designs without markets?
– David Farquhar argues for greater focus on marketing and selling in Scottish technology ventures.
Systems of Curse and ZAM
– The World of Warcraft ecosystem saw the final "big fansite" acquisition this week, with MMO-Champion bought by Curse Inc. Big meaning something that attracts millions of users each month. Curse have been using some of their $11 million of venture capital to buy up a variety of gaming fansites, including many popular WoW sites. But MMO-Champion is significant for 3 other reasons: Corporate deal, not...